Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Gen Con 2016

Gen Con 2016

Postby Belgath » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:16 pm

Badge sales start on January 22, 2016 at noon. EST

If you get a chance Gen Con is worth going to and a lot of fun. Pete and Loz where a pleasure to meet and entertaining to talk with. I waited to long last year to register for a game that they where ruining I wont make that mistake this year. I is still a long time off but hotels fill up fast so plan ahead.
Belgath

Re: Gen Con 2016

Postby loz » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:55 am

Sadly, Pete and I won't be at GenCon this year. We have a busy year with a lot happening over the summer, and so have decided to give GenCon a miss. It's a big commitment for a small operation like DM, both in terms of cost and resources. Plus, GenCon doesn't make it especially easy for small companies to secure independent booth space. There's now a waiting list for the trade hall, and we were advised almost immediately after GenCon last year that we'd have to both pay a deposit and then go on the waiting list if we wanted any chance of securing a trade hall presence.
loz

Postby Belgath » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Man that is disappointing. My excitement for Gen Con jest withered.
Belgath

Postby CryAxe » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:50 pm

They really need to move GenCon to a different venue and city. It's just too big for Indianapolis and the problems are only getting worse with each passing year.
CryAxe

Postby Mjollnir » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:41 am

I've never been to GenCon, but by all accounts it's far too large for its own good.
Mjollnir

Postby raleel » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:06 pm

They expanded to the stadium this year.

I went last year and stayed a couple blocks away from the convention center. Good rate, walking distance. There was room but it was getting tight by the time I got a room a month after official registration start.
raleel

Postby Belgath » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Could some of us still run Games at Gen Con, and submit the events?
Belgath

Postby loz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:08 am

Belgath wrote:Could some of us still run Games at Gen Con, and submit the events?

Of course!
loz

Postby Leg o' Lamb » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:49 am

loz wrote:Sadly, Pete and I won't be at GenCon this year. We have a busy year with a lot happening over the summer, and so have decided to give GenCon a miss. It's a big commitment for a small operation like DM, both in terms of cost and resources. Plus, GenCon doesn't make it especially easy for small companies to secure independent booth space. There's now a waiting list for the trade hall, and we were advised almost immediately after GenCon last year that we'd have to both pay a deposit and then go on the waiting list if we wanted any chance of securing a trade hall presence.

That is disappointing news. I looked forward to talking with you all again this summer.
Leg o' Lamb

Postby cjbowser » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:33 pm

Belgath wrote:Could some of us still run Games at Gen Con, and submit the events?

I've already entered two non-Glorantha games into the system. If I can secure a better hotel location before registration closes, I'll probably enter more.
cjbowser

Next

Return to Conventions