Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Gen Con 2016

Re: Gen Con 2016

Postby Gloranphile » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:30 am

Happy to run through it with you Belgath, should the times align (I'm in US Mountain Time -7 GMT).
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby Belgath » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:43 am

EST so should work sould have stuff finalized soon after classic fantasy comes out. A couple test runs should Help mitigate some potential pitfalls.
Belgath

Postby threedeesix » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:31 am

Belgath wrote:After I get my hands on Classic Fantasy and develop a GenCon scenario. Would some of you be willing to play through it on roll20 so I can get some feed back a play testing? I rely want to give people a positive experience of Runquest6 Classic Fantasy.

While I cant say with any certainty that I will have the time to play. As soon as you get everything written up, if you send me a copy I will give it a once over and proofread it.

Feel free to e-mail me at threedeesix -at- metrocast -dot- net with a synopsis and I'll start working with you on selecting monsters, designing traps, etc.

Rod
threedeesix

Postby Belgath » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:26 pm

threedeesix wrote:
Belgath wrote:After I get my hands on Classic Fantasy and develop a GenCon scenario. Would some of you be willing to play through it on roll20 so I can get some feed back a play testing? I rely want to give people a positive experience of Runquest6 Classic Fantasy.

While I cant say with any certainty that I will have the time to play. As soon as you get everything written up, if you send me a copy I will give it a once over and proofread it.

Feel free to e-mail me at threedeesix -at- metrocast -dot- net with a synopsis and I'll start working with you on selecting monsters, designing traps, etc.

Rod

Thanks will do.
Belgath

Postby Belgath » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:09 am

Is there a good 1 paragraph blurb to explain Classic Fantasy that I can add to the GenCon event?
Belgath

Postby threedeesix » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:08 pm

Belgath wrote:Is there a good 1 paragraph blurb to explain Classic Fantasy that I can add to the GenCon event?

Hey Belgath, here is the original announcement for Classic Fantasy. I edited it to account for some changes. I would like to note that while It does say "Rod Leary's excellent guide...", i'm actually quite humble. However as this is modified from a post made by Lawrence, who am I to disagree? ;-)

RuneQuest: Classic Fantasy

Rod Leary's excellent guide to traditional dungeon crawling, evoking the halcyon days of fantasy roleplaying's origins, comes to RuneQuest. Rod has adapted the Classic Fantasy rules (first published as an acclaimed BRP monograph) exclusively for RuneQuest 6th edition.

RQ:Classic Fantasy is completely compatible with all existing supplements and adventures published by the Design Mechanism, but communicates a unique feel and gaming style that is geared wholeheartedly towards dungeon crawls and subterranean campaigns, recreating many of the themes found in the very first fantasy roleplaying games.

Forsaking normal level based advancement common to other popular roleplaying games, Classic Fantasy keeps adventurers at a level where every encounter is a challenge. If you have ever wondered how your mid-ranked paladin would really hold up against a horde of goblins, Classic Fantasy has the answer.*

So, rip open the Cheetos and pass out the Mountain Dew. It’s time to play some Classic Fantasy!**

* Fall back and regroup.
** Cheetos and Mountain Dew not included.

Let me know if this will work for ya.

Rod
threedeesix

Postby Belgath » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:09 pm

Thanks that works.
Belgath

Postby threedeesix » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:23 pm

Belgath wrote:Thanks that works.

You may also want to modify it with a blurb describing your adventure once you get it formalized.

Rod
threedeesix

Postby Belgath » Mon May 16, 2016 5:19 am

Well the RuneQuest6/Mythras games filed up fast. So fast that I mist out on most of the games I wanted to join. And the two ClassicFantasy sessions were filled up within the first few hours so I think they'll let me add another one now because thay where saying it wasn't historical enough presidents for more events.
Belgath

Postby Belgath » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:57 pm

I added one more Classic Fantasy Broken Tree Inn for Saturday 12 in the afternoon RPG1699970 it just went active so there's tickets left.
Belgath

PreviousNext

Return to Conventions