Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Final copy of AiG on eBay

Final copy of AiG on eBay

Postby loz » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:25 pm

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/-/252210510161?s ... CA:CA:1123

This is our very last copy of Adventures in Glorantha.

This special preview of Adventures in Glorantha was produced for GenCon 2015. It is the last of 50 copies printed, and is the only work on Gloranthan lore produced for the 6th edition of the RuneQuest rules..

The book is spiral bound and 212 pages, black and white throughout. It contains a mixture of original art commissioned for the book, alongside placeholder art from earlier RuneQuest Gloranthan supplements. The book is produced under license from Moon Design Publishing.

Table of Contents:

Introduction
The World of Glorantha
Characters
Money and Equipment
Magic
Folk Magic
Rune Magic
Sorcery
Spirit Magic
All the World’s Monsters

It is not a complete work, and requires the RuneQuest 6th edition rules for fullest use, but does provide more than enough information to play Gloranthan games. If used in conjunction with a book such as Moon Design Publications’ excellent ‘Cult Compendium’ in their Gloranthan Classics range, you will have more than enough needed for a full Gloranthan experience. The magic chapters in particular are highly detailed, containing RQ6 adaptations of many Battle Magic spells, a vast array of Divine/Rune Magic spells, a fresh approach to spirit magic or animism, and a new approach to Sorcery.

This is a must for any Gloranthan or RuneQuest collector. AiG will never be available in print again, making this a unique item.
loz

Re: Final copy of AiG on eBay

Postby WoeRie » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Wow, have you seen the price?!
I would love to own one of those, but the price is so totally out of my budget for a RPG. Even for Glorantha and RQ6 :)
WoeRie

Postby ThornPlutonius » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:36 pm

Yeah, once the collector juices get to flowing, prices go out of sight.
ThornPlutonius

Postby loz » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:28 pm

ThornPlutonius wrote:Yeah, once the collector juices get to flowing, prices go out of sight.

The price has taken us very much by surprised. I really wasn’t expecting the book to attract bids at these levels.
loz

Postby markfitz » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:18 am

Holy crap! At a price like that, the lucky few who got a copy at Gen Con might find themselves eyeing it speculatively ...
markfitz

Postby Belgath » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:48 pm

I would never sell mine. To have a book with only 50 in existence written by Pete and Loz is to valuable to me.
Belgath

Postby Gloranphile » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:24 am

loz wrote:The price has taken us very much by surprised. I really wasn’t expecting the book to attract bids at these levels.

Probably preaching to the collective choir, but this goes to show how much people were anticipating AiG... :(
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby pendrake777 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:55 am

Is it heretical to suggest that some kind soul might wish to create a PDF of AiG and make that available online for those of us unfortunate enough to not win the auction?
pendrake777

Postby loz » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:35 am

pendrake777 wrote:Is it heretical to suggest that some kind soul might wish to create a PDF of AiG and make that available online for those of us unfortunate enough to not win the auction?

Not heretical, just difficult.

To produce the GenCon Preview, Moon Design granted us a limited license for a print edition only (on the basis we’d print no more than 50 copies). This didn’t include PDF distribution. Now that Chaosium will be publishing a Gloranthan-based edition of RQ it’s highly unlikely that the license would be extended or granted to include PDF.
loz

Postby AmazingOnionMan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:05 pm

On the bright side, with the price it's currently at the guys can afford a well-deserved snifter after chrismas dinner.
AmazingOnionMan

Next

Return to Glorantha