Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dundracon 2017

Dundracon 2017

Postby pachristian » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:29 pm

I expect to be running Mythras/Classic Fantasy this year. Anybody who will be at Dundracon 2017 (San Rafael, California) come on by and say 'Hi!'

I am now set to run two games at Dundracon (by the way that's : www.dundracon.com).
Thieves of Alexandria - Andromeda's Escape will use the same setting and characters as last year - a thief gang in Roman-occupied Alexandria, circa AD 71. This time around they're going to be more heroic, with a child to rescue and a crocodile cult to thwart.

The Giant's Ring is a more classic dungeon crawl adventure. Players will be in a fantasy world breaking into a frost giant outpost to look for a missing bride and an icy artifact. I plan to showcase Classic Fantasy's ruleset as an example of old school play using a modern (and better) game system. While the dungeon crawl is very straightforward, passions will be used to throw some complications into the mix.

Wish me luck!
pachristian

Re: Dundracon 2017

Postby pachristian » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Well, they had to cancel "Thieves of Alexandria", but I will still be running "The Giant's Ring" in Classic Fantasy.
pachristian

Postby pachristian » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Well, Dundracon turned out to be a bust.

I was given the 8:00 AM Saturday slot. Only one player (out of 8 slots available) showed up. I taught him the basics of the system, played a short scenario with him, and we were done.

I was worried about that 8:00 AM Saturday slot. Trying to get people to try a new game and a new system is difficult enough - but most people arrive at the convention on Saturday late morning or afternoon.

Oh well, maybe next con.
pachristian

Postby threedeesix » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:18 pm

Your support is welcome and appreciated none-the-less. Thanks for taking the time.

Rod
threedeesix

Postby Matt_E » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:33 pm

Rats. Sorry, dude. Get 'em next time.
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby loz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:41 pm

It happens to all of us.

And when you don't expect any kind of turnout, you're over subscribed and they've formed a waiting list.
loz

Postby pachristian » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:36 am

Thanks, guys.

I look at it this way: Kublacon (Burlingame, CA) is in May, and I already have a complete scenario written up....
pachristian

Return to Conventions