Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Continuum and LozCon

Continuum and LozCon

Postby loz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:55 am

Everyone goes on about GenCon, while neglecting two of the most influential and prestigious cons around. This weekend sees these conventions occurring on either side of the Atlantic.

In Britain, Continuum gets underway at Leicester University. I helped found this convention, and while I can't be there, I know there'll be an enthusiastic Mythras representation, so I'm looking forward to reports on how games went. Continuum is dear to my heart, and I really do wish it every success.

In Canada though, I'm hosting the third annual LozCon. Once again, several hundred thousand gamers have been turned away so that a smaller, more intimate con at my place in Grafton can be held. From Friday to Sunday there will be Mythras, Call of Cthulhu, One Ring, D&D/Black Hack, and possibly even some Cthulhu Wars and other boardgames. Mythras, Mythic Rome and Combat Cards will be previewed, and there will be panels and seminars covering Loading the Dishwasher, Is There a Beer Run Due, and Best Ways to Eat Chilli and Curry. Black pudding may even be available - something not even GenCon can provide...
loz

Re: Continuum and LozCon

Postby ThornPlutonius » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:40 pm

/voting for a "Like" buitton/
ThornPlutonius

Postby hkokko » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:58 pm

Sounds like a super con to be in - especially with those early look items.
hkokko

Postby loz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Ooh - may also have an early look and play test of a Warhammer Fantasy Role-play scenario. Back of the net, GenCon. Back. Of. The. Net.
loz

Postby Gloranphile » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:09 pm

Black pudding is not available at GenCon? Now I don't feel bad for not making it...
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby raleel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:25 pm

Gloranphile wrote:Black pudding is not available at GenCon? Now I don't feel bad for not making it...

likely only in the dark places. make sure you know the right way to destroy it.
raleel

Postby umbraldragon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:10 pm

Black pudding? Is that like Morcilla? A blood sausage? Mmmm...yummy, fried up with pine nuts and raisins...and about a hundred other ways! :ugeek:
Certain mystes aver that the real world has been constructed by the human mind, since our ways are governed by the artificial categories into which we place essentially undifferentiated things, things weaker than our words for them.
- Gene Wolfe
umbraldragon

Postby Gloranphile » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:02 am

I've had lots of Morcilla (my wife's Argentine), black pudding in the UK and Ireland, and blood sausage as a child (my family on my dad's side is Slavic). While they're all similar, there are some differences for each, but if you can you should try them all!
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby Dimbyd » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:09 pm

I think there were 3 games of Mythras offered at Continuum- 2 sword and sorcery and my Luther Arkwright game- the "Pyramids of Oadby" which ended in a TPK- how old school is that? There were also at least 2 sessions of Mongoose Runequest II run as well.
Dimbyd

Postby Icefield » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:03 pm

Man I missed it! Curse the media for not covering Loz Con. I live in California, but my Dad was born in Oakville, ON. A bit of completely irrelevant information there, but I felt compelled to share :)
Dithering will only serve to waste your Action Points...
Icefield

Next

Return to Conventions