Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Classic Fantasy - Unearthed Companion

For information on Design Mechanism's rules and supplements

Re: Classic Fantasy - Unearthed Companion

Postby threedeesix » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:35 pm

Icefield wrote:Is there also a Fiend Tomio full of low level, but squirrely, monsters with meager treasure and special abilities like Death Gaze, Favorite Character to Stone, and Fast Poison Breath?

Not yet, but you just game me an awesome idea for a monster. :lol: And you'll only have yourself to blame. ;)

Rod
threedeesix

Postby Icefield » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:24 pm

oh crap :)
Dithering will only serve to waste your Action Points...
Icefield

Postby CRKrueger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:59 am

Hey Rod,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. Expert Set has some 1e Psionics, enough to do a Mind Slayer.

Will Unearthed Companion have a full-blown 1e style Psionics system with all the Disciplines?
CRKrueger

Postby threedeesix » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:31 pm

CRKrueger wrote:Hey Rod,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. Expert Set has some 1e Psionics, enough to do a Mind Slayer.

Will Unearthed Companion have a full-blown 1e style Psionics system with all the Disciplines?

Yes, expect the rest of the 1st edition Psionic powers to appear in the Companion. :)
threedeesix

Postby CRKrueger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:08 am

Great to hear, thanks. 8-)
CRKrueger

Postby jasper » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:26 pm

Hello Rod,

I have been really enjoying Classic Fantasy and although strictly speaking, I don't 'need' it yet, I am still excited for Unearthed Companion's release.

What would you say the finger in the air, very rough estimate would be for Unearthed Companion please? 2017? 2018?

I remember patiently converting undead monsters and some spells from AD&D and a White Dwarf article to RQ3 around 1992, whilst I was a student. It took forever and I think I gave up in the end. Who would have predicted that there would be an official release of just that and much much more 25 years later!! Happy Days!!
jasper

Postby threedeesix » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:48 pm

jasper wrote:Hello Rod,

I have been really enjoying Classic Fantasy and although strictly speaking, I don't 'need' it yet, I am still excited for Unearthed Companion's release.

What would you say the finger in the air, very rough estimate would be for Unearthed Companion please? 2017? 2018?

Yes. ;)

However if you find yourself needing higher rank spells before than, don't forget the Expert Set. It not only adds high level cleric, druid, and magic-user spells, but it also has new rules for character classes that can be useful now, and a psionic monster that will scare your players right out of the dungeon. How's that for awesome?

I remember patiently converting undead monsters and some spells from AD&D and a White Dwarf article to RQ3 around 1992, whilst I was a student. It took forever and I think I gave up in the end. Who would have predicted that there would be an official release of just that and much more 25 years later!! Happy Days!!

Thanks Jasper. It's funny you mention that as I was converting my AD&D campaign over to RQ3 almost 10 years earlier than that. And never could have imagined that 30+ years later I would have the honor of doing it for real. I have converted so many games from one to another, that my friends use too refer to me as a professional in a field that will never exist. Guess I showed them. :D

Rod
threedeesix

Previous

Return to Products and Releases