Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Classic Fantasy Preorders

For information on Design Mechanism's rules and supplements

Re: Classic Fantasy Preorders

Postby Pete » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:43 am

So am I Rod, so am I...
The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras
http://www.thedesignmechanism.com
Pete

Postby pachristian » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Do we have a target date for them to arrive in our local gaming store?
pachristian

Postby Pete » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:02 pm

No idea. You would have to ask the particular store.
Pete

Postby loz » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:29 pm

Do we have a target date for them to arrive in our local gaming store?

Sadly, no.

Most game stores order via a distributor. We work with two in North America: Alliance and Warpath. We send details of new books three months before their release date, and, indeed, notified Alliance and Warpath in February of the releases of both Mythras and Classic Fantasy - we even featured in an editorial piece in 'Game Trade Magazine', Alliance's trade mag that goes to all their clients. The distributors then place orders on behalf of their game stores usually as soon as they have confirmation stocks are available - and Alliance and Warpath have been notified that CF is ready. However, unless stores place orders, the distributors won't place an order with us. To date, I've had no orders from either distributor.

This isn't to say we won't get orders in the next few days or weeks, but it does mean we have no control over when copies will get to game stores. We cannot approach stores direct, because that violates the terms of our agreements with Alliance and Warpath - so we have to be patient I'm afraid.

I would suggest that you petition your FLGS to stock our books; if you tell them you want Mythras, they can place the order with the distributor. That helps us, helps the FLGS, and helps you. It cannot work any other way due to the whole store/distributor/publisher network. So go and pester your store to order more of our books!
loz

Postby threedeesix » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:52 pm

I can say with certainty that my FLGS has a pre-order in for a couple copies of both Mythras and Classic Fantasy with Alliance Games. So it would seem that maybe Alliance is still accumulating their pre-orders themselves. Hopefully you will be getting an order for several thousand copies of each in the next week or so. :-)

Rod
threedeesix

Postby threedeesix » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:16 pm

Woohoo, I am now the proud owner of Classic Fantasy: The Dead Tree Version. Two other trees died in the packaging of the product alone. Not even the United States Postal Service could have hurt this book. :D

Rod
threedeesix

Postby Dan True » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:44 am

Mine got caught in Danish customs, with a wrong advertised value. I guess I'll have to do a dungeon crawl to get it from their greedy paws ;)

- Dan
Dan True

Postby Pete » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:28 am

Mine seems to have been eaten after it passed through Copenhagen six days ago... Hmmm.... <need a suspicious emoticon> ;)
Pete

Postby loz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:13 am

Still no sign of mine... :(
loz

Postby Dan True » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:56 pm

Pete wrote:Mine seems to have been eaten after it passed through Copenhagen six days ago... Hmmm.... <need a suspicious emoticon> ;)

Oh, that's the embargo. You probably don't hear a lot about it up north.

- Dan
Dan True

PreviousNext

Return to Products and Releases