Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Classic Fantasy: Looking for Writers

Classic Fantasy: Looking for Writers

Postby threedeesix » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:35 am

Classic Fantasy has seen a very successful launch, and while we have several projects being developed to support the line, we want to keep the momentum moving. Therefore, we’re looking for writers familiar with both Mythras, Classic Fantasy, and Old School dungeon adventure, who would be interested in writing adventure modules to help flesh out the line. Prior writing experience isn’t necessary, as long as you have some awesome ideas and know how to put them on paper.

We’re looking for adventure modules similar to (but not copies of) the classics of old, both in tone and feel, preferably starting and mid-rank adventures to get things going.

Setting material may be included as well, however the module should be generic, able to be slotted into any high fantasy setting, and center on a dungeon, tomb, or other ruins. Feel free to include one or two new monsters, magic items, or spells if desired; however, most should be pulled from Classic Fantasy. New monsters, spells, etc., should be fitting of the genre.

Finished modules should preferably be 16 or 32 pages.

Writers will be paid for their work for submissions that are accepted and published.

If any of this sounds interesting to you, feel free to send us your proposals via private message on this forum. Said messages should be sent to “threedeesix” to keep everything together. We’ll send out writer’s guidelines to those proposals that interest us. However, we’ll freely answer any general questions via private message as well.

TDM
threedeesix

Re: Classic Fantasy: Looking for Writers

Postby Vile » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:39 am

Not sticking my hand up, I hasten to add! But I'm interested in how you plan to lay out your modules, will they include creature stats? I ask because the classic D&D variety generally confined monster entries to a single line, so in terms of content-for-page-count that could make quite a difference.
Vile

Postby loz » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:16 am

Vile wrote:Not sticking my hand up, I hasten to add! But I'm interested in how you plan to lay out your modules, will they include creature stats? I ask because the classic D&D variety generally confined monster entries to a single line, so in terms of content-for-page-count that could make quite a difference.

It's possible to be highly creative regarding creature layout, so let us work about that one.
loz

Postby Pentallion » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:29 pm

PM sent.
Pentallion

Postby Dan True » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:50 am

How long will you be looking? I have some ideas I would like to explore, but it would have to be further down my project pipeline.

- Dan
Dan True

Return to News