Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Chronicles of Future Earth to be future RQ6 scourcebook.

Re: Chronicles of Future Earth to be future RQ6 scourcebook.

Postby nclarke » Thu May 07, 2015 7:20 am

According to a G+ post on May 5th Sarah had "Spent my morning writing session working on The Chronicles of Future Earth​ RPG this morning. Most of the new rules are in place, still tinkering with artefacts and psionics, and almost at the stage where I can do a concentrated run through and write up the whole doc. It comes!"

So while Loz may not have had specific contact it does appear Sarah is hard at work.
nclarke

Postby jholen » Thu May 07, 2015 12:50 pm

And to understand, this is a revision of Chronicles of Future Earth, based in RQ6 correct? It looks like the original was for BRP...
jholen

Postby loz » Thu May 07, 2015 1:05 pm

jholen wrote:And to understand, this is a revision of Chronicles of Future Earth, based in RQ6 correct? It looks like the original was for BRP...

Correct.
loz

Postby Mankcam » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:09 am

I would love to see Future Earth further realised, especially with RQ6 as opposed to core BRP. The setting holds so much promise, it reminds me of the SciFi Fantasy pulp settings I used to pick up from the second hand bookstores, most of which were written from the late 60s to the mid 80s. Kinda like E.R. Burroughs meets Frank Herbert - a perfect fit for RQ6!
Mankcam

Postby Atlatl Jones » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:09 pm

I'm looking forward to it too. I love M. John Harrison's Viriconium stories and Jack Vance's dying earth. Judging by the pastel-colored city and needle-nosed flying ship on the cover of the Future Earth book, Viriconium looks to be a clear inspiration.
Atlatl Jones

Postby Cronista » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:38 pm

I have the book from Chaosium, and it´s a lot like Gene Wolfe´s Book of the New Sun.
Cronista

Postby shugal » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:33 am

Cronista wrote:I have the book from Chaosium, and it´s a lot like Gene Wolfe´s Book of the New Sun.

I'm also looking forward to this supplement! In what way is it a lot like Book of the New Sun? From what I know Numenera also has a lot of inspiration from that series of books, but I find it to lack depth.
shugal

Postby AntipodeanSage » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:44 pm

Just passing on and registering an interest in this development too....I really hope this gets off the ground and is produced eventually. The original BRP supplement is fantastic from Chaosium .
AntipodeanSage

Postby trechriron » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:58 pm

Damn... where is this?!?! It looks awesome. I have the BRP version, but I prefer RQ6, so this would be a match made in heaven for me. :-)
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer & RPG Enthusiast
My Blog
trechriron

Postby Akrasia » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:08 pm

Is this still in the works?
Will it be coming out as a supplement for the yet-to-be-named-successor-to-RQ6?
My gaming blog: http://akraticwizardry.blogspot.com
Akrasia

PreviousNext

Return to News