Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Chaosium & Runequest

Feel free to discuss any general gaming topics, and any other games.

Chaosium & Runequest

Postby HorusArisen » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:26 pm

Does anyone know what the difference between this and Mythras will be?

Very happy with Mythras but will this be cross compatible with it?
HorusArisen

Re: Chaosium & Runequest

Postby skoll » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:20 pm

They are two completely different beasts (well, they are both still d100-systems). CRQ is tightly tied to Glorantha. Runes, magic, professions - all Glorantha. It's somewhat based on the ancient RQ2. For example, it has initiative instead of action points, and it doesn't have special effects. If you want to read more, check out the CRQ design notes at https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/5701 ... ies-links/
Mythras Encounter Generator: http://skoll.xyz/mythras_eg/
skoll

Postby hkokko » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Most d100 games are cross compatible with some hand waving. For example in my group one of the players is still clutching to his character sheet from Mongoose RQII which has for example different skill names than Mythras. Says it is a bad omen to transfer character to new character sheet... Old scenarios from way back when or new ones can 'easily' be used in other d100 games - some handwaving.

Me - I am using Mythras pretty RAW but have many/most of the others as well and use lots of material from them when need be.
hkokko

Postby HorusArisen » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:17 am

Blog was interesting to read, I rather like Glorantha but not sure I want to invest in three books to play.

Good luck to them though I'm sure it'll be good
HorusArisen

Return to General Gaming & Discussion