Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Chaosium & Runequest

Feel free to discuss any general gaming topics, and any other games.

Re: Chaosium & Runequest

Postby HorusArisen » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:40 am

Special effects

In one of the blogs I've picked up a statement where they state, if I'm reading correctly, that they decided to drop special effects to reduce complexity and because they would like to see characters relying on their magic to change the course of a fight or beat a stalemate.

I think they could probably have done both personally but at least it's an understandable position. It's not a game breaker for me, I'll still have that in Mythras and it will be interesting to see if it has the effect they hope for...might run the QuickStart for my group.
HorusArisen

Postby raleel » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:49 am

I think that it largely demonstrates some of the real power in the brp family of games - it's very easy to pick and choose mechanics to port in. This might specifically be because of a lack of binding threads between them.
raleel

Postby SDLeary » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:45 pm

HorusArisen wrote:Jason just posted on the BRP forum and it explains Rune Points quite clearly.

??

Basic Roleplaying Central?? Which sub-heading?

SDLeary
SDLeary

Postby HorusArisen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:34 am

SDLeary wrote:
HorusArisen wrote:Jason just posted on the BRP forum and it explains Rune Points quite clearly.

??

Basic Roleplaying Central?? Which sub-heading?

SDLeary

Runequest. The thread is titled 'Another Sell Me Thread'
HorusArisen

Postby soltakss » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:56 pm

HorusArisen wrote:
soltakss wrote:I am sure that when the new RQG comes out, we will be able to se how it differs from Mythras.

Personally, I am not that bothered as to which is "better". Instead I will buy the RQG PDF and see which rules I like and which I can incorporate into my new campaign.

I'm not interested in better either but whether it's a worthwhile addition to my collection

In that case, then yes, it will be a worthwhile addition to your collection.
Simon Phipp - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.

RQ Merrie England (Medieval RPG): http://merrieengland.soltakss.com/

RQ/BRP: http://www.soltakss.com/index.html
RQ Alternate Earth: Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/alternateearthrq/
soltakss

Previous

Return to General Gaming & Discussion