Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Book of Quests PDF quality on Drivethru

For information on Design Mechanism's rules and supplements

Book of Quests PDF quality on Drivethru

Postby Timolution » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:35 am

So I just bought the Book of Quests on Drivethru as I needed some quick linked scenarios to fill up a short backup campaign, and I'm not too pleased with the quality of some of the graphics in the PDF. Some of the maps are of such a hideously low resolution that it's not even possible to read the text that's on there (example: p31, Aylesford and Environs). What's more, despite the graphic on the product's page showing the Mythras logo, the actual PDF you download still displays the RQ6 logo :?: :o

I know that this is a relatively old product from 3+ years ago, but any chance that the PDF file on DT might ever get updated with proper resolution graphics throughout?
Timolution

Re: Book of Quests PDF quality on Drivethru

Postby loz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:13 pm

Timolution wrote:So I just bought the Book of Quests on Drivethru as I needed some quick linked scenarios to fill up a short backup campaign, and I'm not too pleased with the quality of some of the graphics in the PDF. Some of the maps are of such a hideously low resolution that it's not even possible to read the text that's on there (example: p31, Aylesford and Environs). What's more, despite the graphic on the product's page showing the Mythras logo, the actual PDF you download still displays the RQ6 logo :?: :o

I know that this is a relatively old product from 3+ years ago, but any chance that the PDF file on DT might ever get updated with proper resolution graphics throughout?

I'm sorry you've had problems with the PDF. I'll be sending you a token via Private Message so you can download a replacement, with higher resolution, from our store here.

On the RQ logo, we have five years in which the RQ logo can still be used in our supplements, and everything will be updated in due course.
loz

Postby raleel » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:05 pm

I have this PDF as well from DTRPG

aylesford map is very blurred, Cylder map is blurred as well, though not as bad. p163, the map of the Gartharis river is also not good. p25, the maps to the huts are similar. p33, the barbarian encampment as well.

I hope that helps determine where the problem is coming from. Most of the maps are quite good.
raleel

Postby Timolution » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:30 pm

loz wrote:
Timolution wrote:So I just bought the Book of Quests on Drivethru as I needed some quick linked scenarios to fill up a short backup campaign, and I'm not too pleased with the quality of some of the graphics in the PDF. Some of the maps are of such a hideously low resolution that it's not even possible to read the text that's on there (example: p31, Aylesford and Environs). What's more, despite the graphic on the product's page showing the Mythras logo, the actual PDF you download still displays the RQ6 logo :?: :o

I'm sorry you've had problems with the PDF. I'll be sending you a token via Private Message so you can download a replacement, with higher resolution, from our store here.

On the RQ logo, we have five years in which the RQ logo can still be used in our supplements, and everything will be updated in due course.

Absolutely awesome! Thank you so much! :) I've sent a reply through PM just now.

And I see regarding the logo use! It doesn't matter to me as an end user of course, but I was just wondering if DT had neglected to update their file or something by any chance. :)
Timolution

Postby loz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:10 pm

but I was just wondering if DT had neglected to update their file or something by any chance

No, we do have updated files waiting in the wings - its just a question of priorities.
loz

Return to Products and Releases