Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Blood Debt

Re: Blood Debt

Postby Marras » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Matt_E wrote:Structure that as Social Conflict, i.e. use the Task mechanics? One of the best features of Mythras, possibly underrecognized as such

Is it something new in Mythras? I have only RQ6, M-SPACE and Mythras Imperative (the last two need better reading). I considered about using the extended conflict from M-SPACE and the situation really is important enough for it but to me both PCs share the same fate and in extended conflict only one PC should plea their case if I have understood the rules correctly.
Marras

Postby Matt_E » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:30 pm

Marras wrote:
Matt_E wrote:Structure that as Social Conflict, i.e. use the Task mechanics? One of the best features of Mythras, possibly underrecognized as such

Is it something new in Mythras? I have only RQ6, M-SPACE and Mythras Imperative (the last two need better reading). I considered about using the extended conflict from M-SPACE and the situation really is important enough for it but to me both PCs share the same fate and in extended conflict only one PC should plea their case if I have understood the rules correctly.

Social Conflict is not new; it was in RQ6, toward the back of the book. Nowadays, see Mythras RAW, page 287 (bookmarked in PDF).

Basically, it's the Task resolution mechanic, dressed for a different context, so see also page 65.

This set of rules is very nice for any number of situations: races, investigations, seductions, interrogations... It has features of an Opposed Test, but the nice part is that the ultimate result can withstand one or two bad skill rolls instead of failing entirely, and that the GM decides on the "special effects" that come with different levels of success.

I have brought up the Task mechanic in other posts, most recently in post17488.html#p17488 . I reiterate, to me this is one of the strongest parts of Mythras game design, but which is possibly underutilized, considering some of our discussions in threads here.
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby Marras » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:30 pm

Ah, OK. I'll take a look. The discussion behind the link was very interesting.
Marras

Previous

Return to Game Reports & Play Experiences