Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Big Purple Poll

Big Purple Poll

Postby loz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:41 pm

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?78 ... r-favorite

It is hugely gratifying to see our little game almost neck and neck with D&D 5th, beating Pathfinder, and third ranked 'named' system in this poll. It's quite warmed my cockles, and I do hope our good friends and fans will join in the voting to see if we can catch-up on this Dungeon World thingumajig over the weekend.

:)

Have great one, everyone.
loz

Re: Big Purple Poll

Postby raleel » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:13 pm

huh, must've gotten a pile. it wasn't that high when i voted for it earlier this week. very nice.
raleel

Postby loz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:50 pm

raleel wrote:huh, must've gotten a pile. it wasn't that high when i voted for it earlier this week. very nice.

Thank you Raleel. :)
loz

Postby Pentallion » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:48 pm

bumped it up a fraction of a percent!
Pentallion

Postby loz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:20 pm

In Mythras, fractions always round up.

Thank you!
loz

Postby hkokko » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:39 am

Did my share...
hkokko

Postby Vile » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:26 am

Huh, Dungeon World is now in the lead. Never heard of it before.

EDIT: Oh, no, it isn't. I nudged RQ6 ahead. ;)
Vile

Postby raleel » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:48 am

Well, would you look at that. It's #1, edging out dungeon world by a couple, and crushing just about everything else. Congratulations.

Speaking as a person who has been an active gamer for almost 40 years now, and a person who really rips through game systems looking for that special thing, I've been incredibly happy with Mythras. I have to say, I think my favorite part is that, while it has changed from RQ2 that I played many years ago, it hasn't changed _that_ much. It's been massaged and retooled, but it is still definitely in the same space. There is something to be said for revision rather than completely redoing.
raleel

Postby Rubrum » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:00 am

Vile wrote:Huh, Dungeon World is now in the lead. Never heard of it before.

EDIT: Oh, no, it isn't. I nudged RQ6 ahead. ;)

I think Dungeon World (and Apocalypse World) are really worth a read, just to mess with our traditional view of how RPGs are played. They mix up the cards quite a bit. It's also worth playing, but with so little time, I have to stick to my one favorite system... Mythras. I voted.
Rubrum

Postby Matt_E » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:01 am

Raleel: Well, that's the key, isn't it? You refine that parts that need it, and don't fix what ain't broken--especially the particular flavor that defines a system. That's the mark of a good designer (and we happen to have two): You don't do **** willy-nilly, just because you can, and it's time for a periodic infusion of cash from your base, or maybe you fucked up the last edition so much that you have to salvage the brand. Ouch, too bitter for a Saturday morning? :-o
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Next

Return to News