Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

April 2017 News

April 2017 News

Postby loz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:11 am

The observant among you will notice that spring has allegedly arrived.

Those who succeeded critically in their Perception roll may also notice that we didn't publish a Mythras Monthly scenario in March - this was mainly due to PeteCon and getting Luther Arkwright: Parallel Lines ready for print, but we'll be resuming during April with a Classic Fantasy module: N1: The Terror of Ettinmarsh by Peter Webster. It should be ready around mid-late April, and there'll be the usual announcements.

Mythic Britain: Logres is now shipping from our US distributor and is available from Aeon too.

Luther Arkwright: Parallel Lines is completing a final proofing and will then be heading out to the printer. This is a softcover book, 172 pages, and contains 8 complete missions for Valhalla agents spanning multiple parallels. There's months of play value in this single volume and we're looking forward to getting it into your hands.

We've also been busy receiving manuscripts for various projects. Mythic Constantinople is into editing, After the Vampire Wars is in pre-prep, and we have various Classic Fantasy modules in different stages of readiness. It's going to be a busy year.

Finally, because spring has sprung, I've (finally) added a dedicated character sheet page to our website - http://thedesignmechanism.com/character-sheets.php - if you have a homegrown character sheet, especially a form-fillable one, send me an email at lawrence DOT whitaker AT thedesignmechanism DOT com with the sheet attached; we'll review and hopefully include on this page.

Oh, and thank you to pachristian for stepping in on publicity duty for 'Mythic Everything'. The book was a huge success, has sold out in record time, and is now officially Out of Print. It's been optioned by Ridley Scott and the adaptation will be slotted into the resurrected Alien franchise.

Happy April, everyone.
loz

Re: April 2017 News

Postby Vile » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:54 am

loz wrote:Those who succeeded critically in their Perception roll may also notice that we didn't publish a Mythras Monthly scenario in March - this was mainly due to [...] getting Luther Arkwright: Parallel Lines ready for print.

It is a worthy cause. Say no more.
Vile

Postby Clarence Redd » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Looking forward to Parallel Lines : )
Clarence Redd

Postby Fall-from-Grace » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:59 pm

So glad there is so much stuff coming! After the Vampire Wars sounds curious, just heard about it a week or two ago. Can you spare any details on Mythic Constantinople? I'm mostly interested in the time period it is set.
I believe that the Planes are meant to be experienced, and the more one experiences, in traveling, in joy, in pain, in merriment or in suffering, the more the multiverse reveals itself to you... And the more you are revealed to yourself.
Fall-from-Grace

Postby loz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:41 pm

Fall-from-Grace wrote:So glad there is so much stuff coming! After the Vampire Wars sounds curious, just heard about it a week or two ago. Can you spare any details on Mythic Constantinople? I'm mostly interested in the time period it is set.

'After the Vampire Wars' is contemporary urban horror roleplaying with characters being either supernaturally aware and enhanced humans, lycanthropes, fae or vampires. It first appeared for BRP but John Snead has completely retooled it for Mythras.

'Mythic Constantinople' is set in 1453, on the very brink of the city's fall to the Ottoman Empire. It's a detailed sandbox with a great deal of mythic content for the inhabitants, and a unique approach to outlining the city itself (which is immense, and simply too big to mapped without hundreds of pages being necessary). It's written by Mark Shirley who has penned some excellent Ars Magica supplements.
Last edited by loz on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loz

Postby Fall-from-Grace » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:25 pm

loz wrote:
Fall-from-Grace wrote:So glad there is so much stuff coming! After the Vampire Wars sounds curious, just heard about it a week or two ago. Can you spare any details on Mythic Constantinople? I'm mostly interested in the time period it is set.

'Mythic Constantinople' is set in 1453, on the very brink of the city's fall to the Ottoman Empire. It's a detailed sandbox with a great deal of mythic content for the inhabitants, and a unique approach to outlining the city itself (which is immense, and simply too big to mapped without hundreds of pages being necessary). It's written by Sam Shirley who has penned some excellent Ars Magica supplements.

Looking forward to it! A very interesting choice on time period, it sure guarantees a lot of stories to be played.
I believe that the Planes are meant to be experienced, and the more one experiences, in traveling, in joy, in pain, in merriment or in suffering, the more the multiverse reveals itself to you... And the more you are revealed to yourself.
Fall-from-Grace

Postby Vile » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:00 pm

loz wrote:Oh, and thank you to pachristian for stepping in on publicity duty for 'Mythic Everything'. The book was a huge success, has sold out in record time, and is now officially Out of Print. It's been optioned by Ridley Scott and the adaptation will be slotted into the resurrected Alien franchise.

Dammit, I loved that book. Scott's going to ruin it. :cry:
Vile

Postby Dan True » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:20 am

loz wrote:'After the Vampire Wars' is contemporary urban horror roleplaying with characters being either supernaturally aware and enhanced humans, lycanthropes, fae or vampires. It first appeared for BRP but John Snead has completely retooled it for Mythras.

'Mythic Constantinople' is set in 1453, on the very brink of the city's fall to the Ottoman Empire. It's a detailed sandbox with a great deal of mythic content for the inhabitants, and a unique approach to outlining the city itself (which is immense, and simply too big to mapped without hundreds of pages being necessary). It's written by Mark Shirley who has penned some excellent Ars Magica supplements.

This does sound very interesting!

- Dan
Dan True

Postby Atlatl Jones » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Exciting! I'm especially looking forward to the Luther Arkwright adventures and After the Vampire Wars. I was intrigued by AtVW last year, but Chaosium took forever to put it up for sale online and never sold PDFs of it.

On the character sheet page, could someone put up a Mythras character sheet using the older RQ6 design of the sheet used in Mythic Britain etc.?
Atlatl Jones

Postby Lucius Panderius » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:29 am

It's good to see Mythic Constantinople back.
I'm in.
Urban Vampire fantasy?
Interesting. Sounds a bit like the Hollows books from Kim Harrison?
They are a bit of fun.
Lucius Panderius

Next

Return to News