Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Anyone want to GM a RQ Roll20 game?

Anyone want to GM a RQ Roll20 game?

Postby MrHemlocks » Fri May 22, 2015 7:49 am

I so want to start a table top campaign for Runequest. After running a Dungeon Crawl Fantasy campaign, for the last 4 years, I need a change. Dungeon Crawl Classics is a nice system but too over the top high goofy like fantasy for me. And D&D 5e...hell no. Tried playing it for a few sessions and walked out never to return again.

For this game I will preorder the campaign setting an atlas combo along with other books and supplements. For me I find that it is best to play the game before trying my hand at running it. So, is anyone willing to run a Runequest campaign, or few one shot games, on Roll20?

Please???
MrHemlocks

Re: Anyone want to GM a RQ Roll20 game?

Postby Noel » Fri May 22, 2015 8:23 am

I already am running a RQ6 game on roll20 :). More to your question, i may have a space for another character (waiting on another potential player). The game is on Thursdays 7pm BST. If the other potential is a no show ( i will know by Monday), and the time is convenient for you i could offer you that place.
Noel

Postby MrHemlocks » Fri May 22, 2015 8:52 am

Noel wrote:I already am running a RQ6 game on roll20 :). More to your question, i may have a space for another character (waiting on another potential player). The game is on Thursdays 7pm BST. If the other potential is a no show ( i will know by Monday), and the time is convenient for you i could offer you that place.

That is great for me...not so for the other player)

Are you running a campaign or just one shot adventures? How many adventures have you run, with this group, as of far?
MrHemlocks

Postby Noel » Fri May 22, 2015 9:33 am

A campaign in a setting of my own. We have had ten sessions so far, but some of those were disrupted by players leaving and illness. Game is about to reach a good place to introduce new players (period of downtime coming up and the start of a new story arc.)
Noel

Postby MrHemlocks » Fri May 22, 2015 11:15 am

You running prewritten adventures or all open sandbox? I can not wait to learn these rules and eventually run my own campaign. Also, since I do not have the rules yet can I make a character using the free PDF essentials to the game?
MrHemlocks

Postby Noel » Fri May 22, 2015 11:43 am

I am running my own adventures, i generally provide plot hooks and patrons to give them various adventure opportunities or they can explore the setting in their own way and i will just go with that. Characters can be created using just the essentials, but as it is my setting their are a few culture/race things to bear in mind. I have a google doc with a lot of player info for the setting. I can provide a link to it if you want to see what the setting is about.
Noel

Postby MrHemlocks » Fri May 22, 2015 1:47 pm

Noel wrote:I am running my own adventures, i generally provide plot hooks and patrons to give them various adventure opportunities or they can explore the setting in their own way and i will just go with that. Characters can be created using just the essentials, but as it is my setting their are a few culture/race things to bear in mind. I have a google doc with a lot of player info for the setting. I can provide a link to it if you want to see what the setting is about.

Yes...please do so :)
MrHemlocks

Postby Noel » Fri May 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by Noel on Wed May 27, 2015 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noel

Postby Noel » Mon May 25, 2015 3:48 am

Ok, if you are still interested the slot is open to you as the other interested party has not go back to me.
Noel

Postby MrHemlocks » Tue May 26, 2015 1:16 am

Noel wrote:Ok, if you are still interested the slot is open to you as the other interested party has not go back to me.

Yes, I am still interested. I have read a lot of the core rule book and ready to make a character. I still need to read about your campaign and any house rules you have.
MrHemlocks

Next

Return to Players Wanted