Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Any planned edition updates?

Any planned edition updates?

Postby StreetBushido » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:59 am

The release of Mythras has got me reaching for my wallet, as I find The Design Mechanism to be the kind of creators that I want to support. However, I'm hesitating a bit, since if I buy Mythras it'll be the third time I buy basically the same game.

I bought the first edition, and I supported the crowdfunding of the Collector's Edition.

Is the plan for Mythras to stick with it for the forseeable future, or are there any further planned edition updates in the pipeline?
StreetBushido

Re: Any planned edition updates?

Postby loz » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:33 pm

No edition updates or revisions for a long time.
loz

Postby jholen » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:14 pm

It's well worth the purchase.

Granted, I never got in on the collector's edition but am thrilled with Mythras. Animism chapter is great -- worth the purchase just on this alone not the mention supporting Loz and Pete.
jholen

Postby Vile » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:45 pm

loz wrote:No edition updates or revisions for a long time.

What, not even gold-embossed leather-bound hardback super-deluxe editions? Man, it's like TDM don't want people to throw money at them. :P
Vile

Postby Sid Vicarious » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:10 am

loz wrote:No edition updates or revisions for a long time.

Not even to include the errata in the updated pdf version?
Sid Vicarious

Postby loz » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:44 am

Reprints will include errata. But that's not what the OP is asking. An edition change includes fundamental changes to the rules, so creating Mythras II.

We've no plans to do that.
loz

Postby nclarke » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:26 am

I suppose with Aeon doing printing as well it could be that a copy of Mythras from them might include corrected errata that a copy from TDM direct might not depending on when the corrected print file was used. Is that likely?
nclarke

Postby loz » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:25 am

nclarke wrote:I suppose with Aeon doing printing as well it could be that a copy of Mythras from them might include corrected errata that a copy from TDM direct might not depending on when the corrected print file was used. Is that likely?

Correct.
loz

Postby Atlatl Jones » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Are Aeon's books POD then? If not, wouldn't they have done one big print run like TDM?
Atlatl Jones

Postby loz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:20 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:Are Aeon's books POD then? If not, wouldn't they have done one big print run like TDM?

No, Aeon's books aren't POD. They did a reasonable sized print run (I don't know the numbers), but it's a full offset product - all their books are.
loz

Next

Return to Mythras