Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

And the New Name is...

Re: And the New Name is...

Postby Mankcam » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:09 pm

RangerDan wrote:As far as I know TDM have always included the PDF with all hard copy sales?

Gee, I forgot this. Well I'm just happy if that policy remains!
Mankcam

Postby Tathas » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:17 pm

With this change, what does that mean for the availability of the RQ6 pdf on sites like DriveThruRPG? I imagine they'd need to suspend new sales. Will they be required to un-publish for existing customers?

Really looking forward to Classic Fantasy though :)
Tathas

Postby nclarke » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:27 am

In the same way that no-one can come round and take your paper copy once the licence has been pulled no-one can take your pdf although you might want to ensure a backup copy somewhere other than at any of OneBookShelf's sites (DTRPG/RPGNow etc) just in case.
nclarke

Postby Lucius Panderius » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:12 pm

I like it.
The new name resonates with me both ways.
Look forward to the future and the new hardback book when it's available.
Also any Mythraic Supplements.
See wot I did there?
:)
Lucius Panderius

Postby Baulderstone » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:13 pm

Tathas wrote:With this change, what does that mean for the availability of the RQ6 pdf on sites like DriveThruRPG? I imagine they'd need to suspend new sales. Will they be required to un-publish for existing customers?

Really looking forward to Classic Fantasy though :)

With other licensed games that have been pulled, I still have the ability to download games I already own from DriveThruRPG. I assume it will be the same with RQ6.
Baulderstone

Postby hkokko » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:22 am

Any chance of having progressive folk magic in Mythras as an optional rule...
hkokko

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:30 pm

hkokko wrote:Any chance of having progressive folk magic in Mythras as an optional rule...

NOoooooooo.
Progressive folk magic makes it to strong.
If you need such convert the spells to sorcery using there rules.
That will work
Chris

Postby gran_orco » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:27 am

Ha said "as an optional rule". Why not? The more the better.
gran_orco

Postby Rubrum » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:09 pm

I don't want to say that it's not a good idea, I'd also kindda like that option I think...

However, it reminds me of forums about videogame series, when a new video game in that series is about to come out, everybody goes around suggesting what should be in the new iteration of the game. There are heated debates and tomato throwing, until at some point the debate dies down with someone saying "well it could be solved by making my idea an option to be toggled on and off I guess". I read this all the time. If developers had to include every good idea as an option in videogames, I think we'd have a rather large option menu!

I'm not a huge fan of a book that has too much optional stuff. I don't know why, maybe I'm a bit too "all or nothing".
Rubrum

Postby loz » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:17 pm

gran_orco wrote:Ha said "as an optional rule". Why not? The more the better.

It's highly unlikely we will include progressive Folk Magic.

The reason it's been discussed before on these boards, and included in AiG, was to try to build in reverse compatibility with RQ2 & 3 Glorantha supplements. But when we were designing RQ6, we made conscious and deliberate attempts to scale down the power of Folk Magic so that it couldn't eclipse the other disciplines. We therefore deliberately didn't include progressive magic in RQ6, and as we won't be supporting any Gloranthan products going forward, there's even less reason to contemplate it for Mythras.

We have no objection to the progressive FM rules we developed for AiG being hosted on these forums somewhere (although you'll notice that even those rules have certain power challenges), but I doubt very, very much that we'll include them as optional rules in Mythras.
loz

PreviousNext

Return to News