Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

AiG progress and Gloranthan Sorcery

Re: AiG progress and Gloranthan Sorcery

Postby steve.lieb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Are you guys considering at all kickstarting the RQ7/RQ/AiG synthesis at all?
I'd be happy to contribute. Esp if it helps cashflow and thus focus on getting it out soon.

THANKS
steve.lieb
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: AiG progress and Gloranthan Sorcery

Postby loz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:23 pm

steve.lieb wrote:Are you guys considering at all kickstarting the RQ7/RQ/AiG synthesis at all?
I'd be happy to contribute. Esp if it helps cashflow and thus focus on getting it out soon.

THANKS


Never heard of RQ7, so the answer's No.

As to the version of RQ6 that will be produced for Chaosium next year, then no decision has been made yet.
User avatar
loz
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: AiG progress and Gloranthan Sorcery

Postby deleriad » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:55 pm

loz wrote:
steve.lieb wrote:Are you guys considering at all kickstarting the RQ7/RQ/AiG synthesis at all?
I'd be happy to contribute. Esp if it helps cashflow and thus focus on getting it out soon.

THANKS


Never heard of RQ7, so the answer's No.

As to the version of RQ6 that will be produced for Chaosium next year, then no decision has been made yet.


I really hope that Chaosium does not go down the Kickstarter route for RuneQuest. If nothing else, they've burnt so much goodwill with their current Kickstarters that it would look like they're extracting the urine by going back to the well they've poisoned twice. Crucial for me is that RQ:AiG is being held up by a year due to the changes and if there is one thing a Kickstarter would do, it's to add yet more delay.

The first time Chaosium nearly killed RuneQuest was in 1983 when they let it go out of print at the peak of its popularity due to the disasterous team up with Avalon Hill and RQ3. I very much hope that the second the RQ licence is back at Chaosium that the new RQ is on the shelves on sale. Sure, if they make a success of it, maybe Kickstart some sort of premium printing a year or two later. But right now I hope their complete focus is on ensuring that not a day goes by without RuneQuest on sale.
deleriad
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:53 am

Re: AiG progress and Gloranthan Sorcery

Postby Bilharzia » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:07 am

deleriad wrote:...But right now I hope their complete focus is on ensuring that not a day goes by without RuneQuest on sale.


Yes but D, RQ is already on sale, it is on the shelves. It's not as if people have been prevented from running RQ6 in Glorantha, when did that happen? There's never been a time when people were not running RQ in Glorantha. When RQ6 first came out the Glorantha grogs immediately complained about folk magic because it didnt fit with Gloranthan battle magic, and almost immediately there's alternate rules for variable folk magic.
User avatar
Bilharzia
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: AiG progress and Gloranthan Sorcery

Postby nDervish » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:44 am

Bilharzia wrote:
deleriad wrote:...But right now I hope their complete focus is on ensuring that not a day goes by without RuneQuest on sale.


Yes but D, RQ is already on sale, it is on the shelves.


Yes, it is. And we know from The Statement that, next July, when the RQ license passes to Chaosium, RQ6 will go out of print. If CRQ is not ready for publication on that day, then there will be a period of time during which there will be no version of RQ in print.
nDervish
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:55 am
Location: Lund, Sweden

Re: AiG progress and Gloranthan Sorcery

Postby hkokko » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:53 am

I bet that powers that be are aware of that and working to make sure that does not happen. it is not to anyone's benefit
User avatar
hkokko
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:13 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Re: AiG progress and Gloranthan Sorcery

Postby simonh » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:45 am

deleriad wrote:I really hope that Chaosium does not go down the Kickstarter route for RuneQuest. If nothing else, they've burnt so much goodwill with their current Kickstarters that it would look like they're extracting the urine by going back to the well they've poisoned twice. Crucial for me is that RQ:AiG is being held up by a year due to the changes and if there is one thing a Kickstarter would do, it's to add yet more delay.


The answer to that is that the 'they' has changed, and the new Chaosium management (both the Moon design and Design Mechanism components) have an outstanding record on delivering Kickstarter projects, but I take your point. The wider gaming community wouldn't necessarily be able to make that distinction. Possibly a KS or Indiegogo to produce a deluxe hardback edition, after the softback version is published, might work as TDM did with RQ6 but that's just icing on the cake.

The one thing a KS for CRQ6 might provide is a budget for art and premium production values, but that wasn't necessary for Heroquest Glorantha. It's not like there's a global shortage of excellent Gloranthan art these days to draw on. The Guide kickstarter solved that problem nicely.

Simon Hibbs
simonh
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:54 am

Re: AiG progress and Gloranthan Sorcery

Postby eponette » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:02 am

If the late payer was me, sorry folks, I'm back from holiday and I just paid... 8-)
User avatar
eponette
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Limal (Wavre), Belgium, Europe

Re: AiG progress and Gloranthan Sorcery

Postby loz » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:21 am

eponette wrote:If the late payer was me, sorry folks, I'm back from holiday and I just paid... 8-)


It was. He has. They're all gone...

Sorry chaps!
User avatar
loz
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: AiG progress and Gloranthan Sorcery

Postby steve.lieb » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:06 am

loz wrote:
steve.lieb wrote:Are you guys considering at all kickstarting the RQ7/RQ/AiG synthesis at all?
I'd be happy to contribute. Esp if it helps cashflow and thus focus on getting it out soon.

THANKS


Never heard of RQ7, so the answer's No.

As to the version of RQ6 that will be produced for Chaosium next year, then no decision has been made yet.

Not sure who pissed in your Cheerios today. Is it not going to be the 7th rules set for RQ? At least in the same context as if you're counting MRQ and MRQ2 as "different"?

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer by saying "that-next-planned-rewriting-of-RQ6-that-really-is-going-to-be-a-new-edition-of-the-rules-because-it's-going-to-be-totally-integrated-with-the-Gloranthan-setting-and-likely-will-have-errata-and-substantial-clarifications-from-the-6.0-version-thus-as-it's-not-a-sourcebook-but-in-fact-the-7th-'edition'-of-the-rules-might-to-some-people-be-called-Runequest's-7th-version-or-vulgarly-Runequest-7" if you're not into that whole 'brevity' thing, man.

Of course, some people might recognize that my referring to it as the "RQ7/RQ/AiG synthesis" might be acknowledging it's confused provenance and that I'm not sure what I should be calling it, but hey, what's a little snide pedantry among friends?

EDIT: aside from my return volley-of-snottiness above* heartfelt congrats to whomever got copies of AiG.
steve.lieb
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Glorantha

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

suspicion-preferred