Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

A new Runequest Vikings ?

A new Runequest Vikings ?

Postby Bödvarr Bjarki » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Hello everybody !

I would like to ask to Lawrence Whitaker and Pete Nash.

It is possible that you create and publish a new Runequest Vikings, like this of Mongoose Publishing but more full of background, detailed, with a great chapter about the geography of Scandinavia (because it lacks it in this of Mongoose Publishing) and a more detailed chapter about the Magic ?

What would be very good, nice, it is a book about Vikings full detailed like Mythic Britain, something like Mythic Norse, Mythic Vikings or Mythic Scandinavia.

If you create this book, I can tell you that I buy it from it release, from it is available ! lol

I am very interested by this type of book.
Bödvarr Bjarki

Re: A new Runequest Vikings ?

Postby Atlatl Jones » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:40 pm

I'd be interested in this too, especially if it had a Mythic Britain-like mini campaign in it.

The upcoming Saxons book for Mythic Britain is pretty close to this though. The Saxons are culturally from the same stock as Vikings, with a similar culture and mythology.
Atlatl Jones

Postby loz » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:33 pm

While we'd like to fully update and redo Vikings, it isn't a priority and its unlikely to appear in the next couple of years. We'll never say never, but there are quite a few other things we want to do before turning our attention to Vikings.
loz

Postby Thiudans » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Bödvarr Bjarki wrote:Hello everybody !

I would like to ask to Lawrence Whitaker and Pete Nash.

It is possible that you create and publish a new Runequest Vikings, like this of Mongoose Publishing but more full of background, detailed, with a great chapter about the geography of Scandinavia (because it lacks it in this of Mongoose Publishing) and a more detailed chapter about the Magic ?

What would be very good, nice, it is a book about Vikings full detailed like Mythic Britain, something like Mythic Norse, Mythic Vikings or Mythic Scandinavia.

If you create this book, I can tell you that I buy it from it release, from it is available ! lol

I am very interested by this type of book.

It seems to me that the Mongoose product should be just fine. The magic system is easily portable, and the cultural information is still valid.
Thiudans

Return to Supplements