Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

A GM Screen

For information on Design Mechanism's rules and supplements

Re: A GM Screen

Postby hkokko » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:31 am

RQ6 GM Screen Update: Offensive and Defensive Special Effects

Here is a quick update on my path towards a RQ6 GM Screen. Herein are portrait versions of Offensive and Defensive Special Effects.

Here are the rest of the charts for RQ6 - including Healing and Wounds, Shields and Weapon tables.

https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/20 ... l-effects/
hkokko

Postby hkokko » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:47 pm

..updated the charts with Lazy Mathematicians' approach to Difficulty Grade - created a table... Never could remember what 2/3's of 77% was rounded up...
hkokko

Postby hkokko » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:05 pm

..here is an example how to setup the charts I have created for RQ game https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/20 ... p-example/
hkokko

Postby Mankcam » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:23 am

I'm loving your work hkokko, it makes my life as a GM so much easier, it's very much appreciated
Great stuff!
Mankcam

Postby hkokko » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:48 pm

Combat Special Effects - Mythras Update

The combat special effects for offensive and defensive have been updated to V1.3. This now contains all the effects from Mythras Imperative and the ones from RQ6 updated to Mythras Imperative way of working. Some tweaks to existing ones have been added. Added also house rule for Shift Location that seems to be popular. Mythras Imperative contains really neat Prepare Counter Special Effect that I cannot wait to start using.

Here is the portrait mode for Offensive Special Effects and here the same for Defensive Special Effects.

https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/20 ... as-update/
hkokko

Postby hkokko » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:06 am

Combat Special Effects updated for Mythras Full Edition

Mythras full edition has been launched a short while ago. It brings quite a few new special effects with it and also small changes from Mythras Imperative. These will be a nice addition to already very smooth and tactical play of Runequest 6.

The game play will be even more interesting with the new Prepare Counter, Remise, Marksman, Pin Down, Drop Foe, Overpenetration and Scar Foe. There are others as well. The new combat cards look to be a cool way to handle the multitude of special effect.

Pay attention to Regain Footing action change as well. Spirit combat looks to be more interesting - have to dive down to that one as well.

Here are the Special Effect GM Screens updated for Mythras Full edition. Only the portrait versions have been updated for now.

Combat Special Effects for Offence
Combat Special Effects for Defense
All the charts are available here. Old ones will remain available here

https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/20 ... l-edition/
hkokko

Postby hkokko » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:14 am

Magic Situational Modifiers

In the hunt for the perfect GM reference material and GM Screen I created reference sheet for spell caster for Magic Situational Modifiers. This gathers all the modifiers for all the forms of Magic into one place. Some of the modifiers are optional - for example wearing armor iron in Glorantha, Monster Island options for orchestrated casting and sympathetic armor.

As always comments are welcome. The file is available here and of course also in the RQ6/Mythras charts page which collects all the charts I have made available (Combat flow, offensive and defensive special effects, healing and wounds, diminish effects, weapons, shields and passive blocking, close and ranged combat situational modifiers, movement and swimming effects, encumbrance calculator, sorcery tools and Gloranthan ships).
GM's might also find the RQ/Mythras Encounter Generator useful

https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/20 ... modifiers/
hkokko

Postby Rubrum » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:59 am

Thank you for your continued dedication to making my life easier :)
Rubrum

Postby hkokko » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:04 pm

Thanks - it has been a busy autumn - RW has intruded a lot into my gaming world, so less updates than usual - we are not amused.
hkokko

Previous

Return to Products and Releases